Field Implementation Engineer
by Pike Reynolds, on Jun 17, 2019 7:11:46 AM
Do you get excited about using technology to innovate and solve big problems? Would it be fun to work with a team who will appreciate your expertise in wireless hardware, software, and networking? If so, check out the opportunity we have for you! We are looking for a smart and experienced engineer who is an excellent communicator and is ready to take on any challenge with us as we work hard, have fun, and make history.
At AirFinder, you will have a unique and rare opportunity: to join an organization that is transforming the way people do work. Our customers need practical solutions for the real-world problems that they are facing right now—and it feels awesome to deliver on that! As an AirFinder field implementation engineer, you will help us grow our internal installation capacity, and you will work with and train third-party field technicians who are installing AirFinder across the country. You will be responsible for on-site installation, validation, and testing of the AirFinder system, and you will be troubleshooting problems via email, telephone, and on-site visits.
Be a part of our exciting growth during our massive roll-out of thousands of sites over the next 12-24 months. We are expanding right now, and this position is not contract based or temporary. We are having fun proving out AirFinder again and again as we solve age-old problems for our customers. If you like the idea of solving problems that didn’t have a reasonable solution until now, come scale up with us.
- Support/perform site surveys to gather critical information required for system’s design
- Plan and develop design layouts for AirFinder installations
- On-site installation, validation and testing of AirFinder asset tracking and monitoring platform
- Test systems to ensure proper system functionality
- Assist with multi-level support and troubleshooting to AirFinder customers and partners
- Document and develop documentation frameworks for standard and non-standard installations
- Develop and provide technical training for partners
- Communicate customer needs to sales engineering and product management
- Be an excellent representative of AirFinder in front of customers and partners
- Document post-installation site-specific information to be utilized on technical support activities
- Associate’s degree in engineering/telecommunications/electronics/computer science and/or 5-10 years of work experience, or
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/telecommunications/electronics/computer science and/or 3-5 years of work experience
- Experience with wireless technologies like BLE, LoRA, LoRaWAN, and RFID (UHF)
- Ability to study blueprints, schematics, manuals, survey results, and specifications to determine optimal systems design, and establish deployment strategies
- Working knowledge of the following: Web services (REST), IT security management (ex: OAuth, SAML, LDAP), working on cloud computing environments (AWS Command Line Interface), and MQTT / ZeroMQ, Linux, embedded Linux, SaltStack
- Background in or exposure to a current programming or scripting language (Python, Java, C/C++, etc.)
- Understanding of interactive data visualization tools (Tableau) is a plus
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues
- Experience producing professional quality presentations, documentation, and other written collateral using Microsoft Office products: Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in groups and one-on-one interactions for effective presentations
- Ability to travel as required (50% - 75%) within the US, Canada, and Mexico for client deployments and support
Send resume and cover letter to: