Product Marketing Lead
by Brian Groves, on Dec 23, 2019 4:03:53 PM
Do you enjoy working with customers and prospects? Capturing and presenting their successes? Performing market research, developing new sales tools, and winning additional market share? If so, check out the opportunity we have for you! We are looking for a Product Marketing Lead that can have a dramatic impact on our product messaging, sales tools, case studies, market research, and more. Please join us as we work hard, have fun, and make history.
We get that our customers need practical solutions for the real-world problems that they are facing right now—and it feels awesome to deliver on that! You will work with the VP of Marketing to position Link Labs and product offerings in a differentiated and valuable manner to enable sales and marketing teams to successfully discuss and sell our product offerings, and to focus on our unique features and capabilities. You will play a significant role in conveying our product success externally and will help to convey internally how we can develop product offerings and features which position us for even greater success and growth.
At Link Labs, we believe that unique solutions built by solving hard technical problems can transform businesses of any scale, and through them the world we live in. We pursue answers to hard technical challenges without bias, innovating ourselves and leveraging the innovations of others. We further embrace the challenge of making these innovations easy to use and cost-effective, creating an ever-expanding set of possible applications and impact.
Our exceptional team will value your contribution and expertise. We are a savvy group that is having a great time learning and collaborating. Our people love what they do here, and we help them to develop what’s next. We play to our people’s strengths, coach them, and demonstrate real appreciation for their work—both recognition and rewards. We are having fun growing our company and our products into a successful and profitable venture. If you like the idea of solving problems that didn’t have a reasonable solution until now, come scale up with us.
What you can do as a member of our team
- Work directly with customers, prospects, partners, and internal teams such as sales, marketing, and product development, to understand, capture, and document target markets and needs
- Develop and maintain product messaging documents, which describe our target buyers, their needs and challenges, our product offerings, their features and capabilities, and the ways in which they add differentiated value for our customers
- Design, develop, and maintain customer facing sales tools as well as internal training materials, FAQs, and battlecards which differentiate our product offerings from competitive products across all verticals where our products are sold
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to ensure accurate and effective positioning of Link Labs’ unique capabilities and value, facilitating lead generation, conversion to active opportunities, closed business, and customer renewals
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to understand and describe existing as well as new and upcoming product features and capabilities
- Design, develop, and maintain battlecards and other positioning materials (e.g. one-pagers, two-pagers) for use by the sales, business development, and other teams, when discussing and positioning Link Labs product offerings with analysts, partners, customers, prospective customers
- Ensure timely delivery of materials in advance of product and feature launch, to empower the sales and marketing teams
- Serve as a feedback conduit to product and engineering from sales, marketing, partners, analysts, and the market
What you should bring with you
- An unyielding desire to delight customers
- A commitment to good corporate citizenship—encouraging two-way flow of relevant and timely information, and prioritizing the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Skill in communicating timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, strong presentation skills
- Flexibility and openness to new challenges
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and track many activities
- Self-starter and self-learner that is capable of working with limited supervision
- 5-10 years experience in product marketing
- Experience with product marketing across multiple market verticals, a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication, Engineering, or related fields
- Demonstrable experience in differentiating product features and capabilities from competitors
- Experience producing professional quality presentations, documentation, and other written collateral using Microsoft Office products: Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in groups and one-on-one interactions for effective presentations
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Send resume and cover letter to: